Health Homes are designed to help achieve the triple aim for Medicaid members with complex needs: Better care, lower cost of care, and better health outcomes.
- There has a been a 5 percent drop in emergency room utilization from the third quarter of 2015 to the first quarter of 2016.
- There was a 17 percent drop in preventable readmissions between 2014 and 2015, according to the Department of Health, and a 17 percent increase in colorectal cancer screening.
- The average number of ER visits per 1,000 Health Home members has decreased by 14% for members enrolled in a Health Home over the past 12 months over the previous 12 months.
- The average number of IP admissions per 1,000 Health Home members has decreased by 14% for members enrolled in a Health Home this year over the past year.
- Inpatient costs have dropped $39 per member per month, but pharmacy costs have increased $47 per member per month.